No soup recipe repertoire is complete without a warm and hearty potato and leek soup!
Rustic Potato Leek Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
Author: Whole Foods Market,
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 4 mains
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 3 large leeks, white and pale green parts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add water, onions, leeks, garlic and salt and cook, constantly moving ingredients around, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until translucent and softened.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, and stock and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Add rice milk and dill and simmer, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve with a topping of coriander or Coconut Bacon